Monday, June 4, 2007

Sleeping like mom and dad used to

Ethan sleeping-8 weeks old
Daddy and I both have baby pictures of us sleeping this same way I wish I could figure out how to use my scanner so that I could put them all side by side. The doctors all say that no days babies should ALWAYS sleep on ther backs which I do at night but if I'm awake and can check on him every few minutes he does seem to sleep longer during the day than he usually does. I have been reading in one of the many baby books I have and it says that fussyness during the day can sometimes be caused by sleep deprivation. Most of the time he just took little 20 minute cat naps and was really really cranky towards the end of the day and I believe that was the cause because now he seems to do alot better. I have also been using a few of the ideas I got from a nurse that comes out to our house every couple of weeks to answer questions, weigh him and just seem how he is progressing. Its called Mother Baby Center and I am really glad that while I was still pregnant I signed on to do this because with his condition its nice to have. I only have a few more visits that my insurance will cover but I am looking into new insurance that will cover it longer because she truly is a huge help and relief to know that he is completely normal other than his seizures.
Ethan and I spent yesterday with his daddy. First we went to a remote control airplane show it was amazing that these guys can fly these huge airplanes like its nothing. It was alot of fun. Then we walked around the mall (because it had air-conditioning it was in the low 80's) then we went for a drive down a highway of the coast which is a great drive a nice day. Then we went to my mom's house for a BBQ with a few family members. We ate steak and talked and watched Ethan as he was mesmerized by the ceiling fan and was not at all interested in anything but that. LOL.
The weather has been pretty hot for us here in Washington. I've been taking Ethan outside a little bit it seems to help when he's cranky its a nice change of scenery for us both. I was nervous at first because out here we have alot of bee's around the yard and i'm afraid he'll get stung but i just keep my eye out for those little stingers!! I can't wait until we go camping this summer it will be interesting with a baby but it should be fun to watch him grow and observe everything around him when we go.

6 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

What a cute picture. I do remember Jake sleeping like that. I also remember Jake's Mommie sleeping on her tummy with her knees tucked under her and her little buttsie up in the air. She looked so cute. I even have a picture of her like that.
I'm glad you have the nurse and hope you can keep her coming as long as possible. I can understand how this would help you to feel more confident. In the meantime, remember that you have the Lord looking over little Ethan too, as we are still praying for him and for you & Jake too.
God bless you, sweet little Mama.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

He's a little darlin', he is. :-)

I'm so glad he's doing so well. He's almost the same age as my great nephew. He turned 3 months old on May 27th and my granddaughter will be a month old on June 8th.

I know you'll feel a lot better about his physical problems when he gets a little older, but enjoy him while he's little. He'll grow up so much faster than you think.

Have a great week!

Love and hugs,

Diane :-)

BigDadGib said...

Ethan looks great.

Nice blog too.

BigDadGib

Leann said...

ooo sooo cute.nothing better then a sweet baby fast asleep and comfortable.when my Anna was a baby she would sleep with her butt in the air.never could figure why she slept like that.but kids are all diffrent.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
God bless and keep you in his loving hands.

Mountain Mama said...

Hey Jenn, it's time for an update new picture of our little red headed darling.
Love you honey,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.